Stone has long been considered the most reliable, durable material, and precious and semi-precious minerals are also a sign of luxury. Onyx refers to semi-precious stones. More recently, its products were available only to a few, due to the high price of the natural mineral. But modern technologies make it possible to use not only natural stone in the interior and decoration, but also to produce impeccable analogues.
Artificial onyx for decoration and construction
Artificial onyx stone is a generic name for various multicomponent materials that copy the characteristics and external similarity with a natural mineral. More often artificial stones are used for interior and exterior design: onyx, marble and granite. Onyx is the most beautiful of these materials, thanks to the complex, figured patterns and also due to the fact that it is translucent and easily passes light.
Artificial onyx stone belongs to elite decorative materials. Externally, it is indistinguishable from a natural mineral (unless a color that does not exist in nature is used), but it significantly surpasses it in properties. Unlike onyx fakes, for example, agate, artificial stone is durable, retains its color and shape, and is very easy to use.
Today, polymer-based onyx with onyx translucent particles is presented on the market. Dyes are used in production to produce products of a wide color palette or shades that do not exist in nature. For example, from the category of metallics. The production technology includes: preparation of the working composition and filling in the required form.
Consider onyx imitation slabs from LumaStone
You have seen how beautifully the butter is heated, turning into an amber base or a divine play of clouds. Such associations are caused by onyx bar counters. And not a single excuse for melancholy.
Artificial onyx has the following physical and mechanical qualities:
- The weight of the items is much lighter than the natural product. Interior items and decor do not overload either the walls or the floor.
- Resistance to mechanical actions. On the perfect corners of the bar counters and countertops made of artificial stone, there will be no trace of accidental bumps.
- Lightfastness. It does not contain organic dyes, therefore colors do not fade under sunlight.
- Chemical endurance. Does not react to food, pollutants and detergents: both natural and synthetic. It does not absorb or exude odors.
- Moisture resistance. Constant dampness and water will not cause any harm to the imitation of the stone.
- Hygiene. The monolithic surface of the material, without pores, prevents the growth of mold fungi and bacteria.
Contact LumaStone, our specialists will take measurements, prepare a project and an estimate. And also consult in detail. Delivery and installation will be carried out on time, taking into account your wishes.
Our Showroom is located at the address: 1 Lenin Street, Podolsk, Moscow Region, 142180 Russia
Opening hours: Mon-Fri from 10:00 to 18:00